Skin Exfoliation Guide: How to Exfoliate for Smooth Skin
What is exfoliation?
Exfoliation is the term for removing dead skin cells. Buffing away dead skin cells reveals fresh and youthful looking skin that radiates an irresistible glow. Whether to avoid dry winter skin, or to get a natural glow for the summer, exfoliating from head to toe is one of the easiest steps for silky smooth and glowing skin.
How to exfoliate your body
Be aware: exfoliation is great for your skin, but in some cases you should put it off, e.g. if you are sunburned or have any open cuts or wounds.
1. Get wet: Step into the shower and wet your body from head to toe.
2. Circular rotation: buff your skin in gentle circular motions. Start with the bottom of your feet and work your way up.
3. Don’t scrub too hard.
4. Use your favorite product or scrub to exfoliate.
5. Apply a moisturizing / hydrating lotion after getting out of the shower or bath.
6. Remember: always moisturize.
It is that simple: For beautifully smooth and naturally glowing skin exfoliation is essential. When you exfoliate, you remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, reveal the natural, youthful glow of new skin cells underneath and stimulate skin regeneration. So if you want to avoid dry winter skin or get a natural glow for the summer, exfoliating from head to toe is one of the easiest things to do for perfectly smooth skin.
How to avoid ingrown hairs.
An ingrown hair is a hair that curls back on itself and grows back towards the follicle, creating a small, possibly painful little bump. Ingrown hairs are often a result of too-close shaving. To avoid ingrown hairs, try exfoliating regularly - this helps remove dead skin cells and "clears the path" so that your hairs can grow the way they're supposed to. However, we recommend to exfoliate once a week, and ideally about 2 days before epilation.
The natural steps towards smooth and glowing skin – the definitive mini guide
1. Epilate so you can start hair-free. Use a gentle and efficient epilator, like Braun Silk-épil, to remove all your body hair by the root. With the hair gone you get smoother skin that last for up to 4 weeks. Any hair removal can be demanding for your skin, so you might want to wait a few days before you exfoliate.
2. Get wet: step into the shower and wet your body from head to toe. Give yourself a few minutes to unwind and allow your pores to open.
3. Use your favorite product or scrub to exfoliate.
4. Exfoliate using the powered Silk-épil exfoliation refining brush, working your way from ankles to chest, buff your skin in gentle circular motions.
5. Don't scrub too hard.
6. Afterwards, apply an enriching moisturizer for a silky smooth finish.
The Braun Silk-épil combines an epilator with an exfoliation brush, so you get the perfect combination for smooth skin.
Braun Silk-epil’s exfoliation brush removes dead skin cells at over 3,000 micro-vibrations a minute, making it 4x more effective than a manual scrub alone.
Remove & Restore beauty rituals redesigned by celebrity aesthetician Abi Aksoy and dermatologist Dr. Benedetta Brazzini
Celebrity aesthetician Abi Aksoy and dermatologist Dr. Benedetta Brazzini, from one of London’s famous Harley Street clinics, create two indulgent and truly unique Remove & Restore ‘rituals’. Our experts have not only developed these sumptuous beauty rituals but also wholeheartedly endorse the impressive results Braun Silk-épil delivers and welcome the step change in skincare it offers women.
Choose between a quick beauty ritual for the morning when time is short, and a more relaxed version for the evening. But whichever you choose, both beauty rituals deliver a sensory stimulating experience which chase away fatigue and Remove & Restore for touchably smoother & visibly more radiant skin – all thanks to Braun Silk-épil.